Image and recipe source: Vermont Creamery
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup Vermont Creamery creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Vermont Creamery cultured butter, melted
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together creme fraiche, milk, egg, and melted butter.
- Pour creme fraiche mixture into dry ingredients and mix just until combined. A few lumps are ok!
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt a bit of butter or spray pan with cooking spray.
- Working in batches, pour about 3 tablespoons or so of batter per pancake into skillet and cook until bubbles appear on surface and undersides are golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Flip pancakes and cook about 1 minute more. Repeat until all pancakes are done.
- Serve with Vermont Creamery cultured butter, warm maple syrup, a dollop of Vermont Creamery vanilla creme fraiche, and whatever fruit is in season!
Note - The recipe calls for 1 teaspoon baking soda but I would recommend using a scant teaspoon for altitudes higher than 5000.