- 6 crisp yet ripe pears - they should be firm and yield only slightly to pressure, with no large bruises
- About 4 ounces White Stilton with Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup walnut halves and pieces
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Cut each pear in half and scoop out the center seeds and core with a spoon or melon baller. Put in a 9x13 baking pan. Mash the cheese together with the butter and drop a spoonful in the hollow of each pear half. Sprinkle the nuts over top, and drizzle with honey.
- Roast in the oven, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until tender and easily pierced with fork. Place two pear halves in each bowl and add a drizzle of whipped cream or a small scoop of ice cream. Eat warm but not hot.
Original recipe and image source: The Kitchn