- 1 eggplant
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8 small figs
- Aged goat cheese — 1/2 of Vermont Creamery Cremont (You can also use crumbled goat cheese)
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Wash the eggplant, cut off the top, and slice lengthwise.
- Make incisions through the flesh but not the skin with a knife (three in each direction). Brush with olive oil.
- Place in baking pan on parchment paper, flesh side down (skin up).
- Bake for about 20–25 min. The skin will start to shrivel a little.
- In the meantime, wash and half the figs and tomatoes.
- Take the eggplant out of the oven, and set your oven to broiler.
- Turn the eggplant halves over, place the figs and tomatoes on top. Place pieces of the goat cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- Place in the broiler for about 10-12 min, until the cheese is melted and golden. Serve hot.
Original recipe and image source: French Foodie Baby for Vermont Creamery