- 1-2 Beets
- Olive Oil
- Goat Cheese
- French Bread
- 1/2 ounce sherry (optional), or a red or white wine, or balsamic vinegar
- Slice beets evenly, toss in some olive oil and salt, and bake at 375°F for 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once the beets have cooked to your desired tenderness (poke them with a fork or taste a few slices), take them out of the oven and in a pan on medium-high heat, quickly fry them with about a ½ ounce of sherry wine (or another wine or balsamic vinegar), cooking until liquid is evaporated.
- Once you have finished frying the beets, slice up your bread, butter each side, lay down some arugula, a little bit of goat cheese, then your beets and some more goat cheese.
- Fry the sandwich in a pan on medium heat until each side is golden brown, then slice in half and enjoy!