Original recipe and image source: Rogue Creamery
Makes 6 servings
- 4-5 medium fresh beets, peeled and shredded
- 3 tbsp. fresh orange juice, orange zest optional
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. walnut oil
- 2 hearts of romaine
- Sea Salt
- 3.5 oz. Caveman Blue
1. Place shredded beets in a medium sized bowl. Add orange juice, lemon juice and walnut oil. Toss to coat. Refrigerate approximately 2 hours to allow flavors to meld.
2. Clean and separate romaine hearts into 18 leaves. Place on serving platter and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Top each leaf with a tablespoon of prepared beet mixture and pinch of orange zest. Place a half teaspoon or more of thinly sliced or crumbled Caveman Blue. Serve immediately.