- 10 oz cherries (try a mixture of Rainier and Bing)
- 2 very ripe Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 6 basil leaves
- 2-3 sprigs of dill, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp hazelnut meal (or almond meal)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- About 4 oz Fresh Herb Chevre
- Prep the first 8 ingredients: starting with washing and pitting the cherries; wash, seed, and cut up the peppers; peel and dice the cucumber; wash, core, and cut up the tomatoes; dice the red onion; wash and mince the herbs.
- Place it all in the blender and add the hazelnut meal, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend on high until very smooth (longer than you think you have to, otherwise you'll feel the cherry skins).
- Place the blender pitcher in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill.
- Before serving, give it one last whirl, and pour into bowls. Add crumbled goat cheese on top, and some dill or basil for garnish.
Original recipe & image source: French Foodie Baby for Vermont Creamery