Makes 4 sandwiches
- 1 wedge BellaVitano Chipotle (to make about 1 cup of shredded cheese)
- 1/2 cup chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 4 slices pineapple, 1/2 inch
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp chipotle spice blend
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blend peppers, olive oil, and garlic. Marinate chicken in the mixture for 4 hours (and up to overnight).
- Over medium-high heat, grill pineapple until tender and slightly caramelized- 2 minutes per side.
- Whisk together honey, lime juice, and spice blend and brush pineapple with mixture after grilling.
- Clean grill, season, and cook chicken to internal temperature of 160 F
- While chicken grills, combine mayonnaise and cilantro.
- In the last minutes of cooking, add 1/4 cup of shredded Chipotle BellaVitano to each chicken breast.
- Assemble sandwiches
Original recipe and image source: Sartori Cheese