- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup coarse salt
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar 2 dozen raw oysters
- Place the first four ingredients in a blender and puree for one minute. Pour mixture in to a 8" cake pan and freeze for at least 2 hours, scraping with a fork every half-hour to make granite.
- Spread salt evenly on a serving platter.
- Shuck the oysters and arrange on top of salt.
- Remove frozen mignonette from freezer and scrape with a fork to loosen granite.
- Add chopped shallots and mix well.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of frozen mignonette on top of each oyster.
- Garnish each oyster with a sprinkle of chives. Serve immediately.