Original recipe and image source: FoodieCrush
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 8 ounces aged gouda, grated
- 1 roasted chicken breast, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- ½ avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread, then stack the two buttered sides together and repeat with the other 2 slices.
- Layer top slice of the bread with a handful of gouda then follow with tomato, chicken breast, avocado slices, egg slices, blue cheese crumbles and 2 pieces of bacon then top with another handful of gouda.
- Place the ingredient stacked bread, buttered side down, in a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat and top with the other slice of buttered bread. Cover with lid and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium and flip sandwich to the other side and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bread is toasty golden and the cheese has melted. The second side will cook faster than the first so watch carefully. Repeat process with the other sandwich ingredients to make the second grilled cheese. Slice sandwiches in half and enjoy hot.