- 2 cans (10.5 oz each) beef broth- may use low sodium if desired
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Several sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Several sprigs of fresh parsley
- Several sprigs of fresh thyme
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Accompaniments: Cubed raw beef tenderloin, raw mushrooms, blanched pearl onions, blanched broccoli florets
- Add all ingredients to fondue pot, and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- When ready to use, bring to a boil, then transfer the fondue pot to the table, keeping the temperature at a high simmer/low boil. Add more broth and/or wine if needed.
Original recipe source: Wine Enthusiast