Original recipe and image source: Vine & Table
- 3 medium oranges, peeled, segments and pith removed
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 8oz packs Halloumi cheese, drained
- 2 oz. walnut pieces, toasted
- 1 bag of mixed field greens or a combination of arugula, watercress and spinach
- In a large bowl, combine the orange segments and any juice that may have run off, mint leaves, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and then gently toss together.
- Slice each block of Halloumi into 8-10 pieces, then grill over hot grill or on the stove top in a grill pan until Halloumi is charred on each side and beginning to melt, approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the toasted walnuts and salad leaves to the orange-mint mixture. Toss together. Serve onto 4 salad plates. Top with the grilled Halloumi slices and a sprinkling of fresh black pepper.