Makes about 4 cups of almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp water
- 4 cups salted almonds
- 1 round Langres
- Preheat the oven to 250 F.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg white and water until frothy. Add the almonds and stir until well coated.
- Add the sugar and spice mixture to the nuts and stir until well coated.
- Grease a large shallow baking pan. Spread the nuts evenly onto the pan and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake until the nuts are dry, about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool before breaking the nuts into chunks and serve atop the round of Langres.
- The nuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Original recipe and image source: Style at Home