Makes 4 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sm onion, diced
- 20 oz pumpkin, seeded, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs heavy cream, plus extra
- 8 oz Italian Sausage, crumbled
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. In a skillet over medium heat, warm 2 T olive oil. Add the onions and saute until soft. Add the cubed pumpkin and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and add the cream. Puree until smooth and creamy. Add more cream if necessary.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, warm remaining 2 T oilive oil. Add the crumbled sausage annd cook until sausage is brown and cooked through.
5. Add salt to the boiling water and carefully add the pasta. Cook until al dente.
6. Drain pasta and add it to the skillet with the sausage. Add the pumpkin cream and Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese and toss.
7. Serve on a large platter.
Amount Per: 1 Serving
Total Fat: 26.52g
Saturated Fat: 5.32g
Total Carbohydrates: 85.38g