- 1 ¾ cup (dry) elbow, mini ziti, penne, or your favorite macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded Rosey Goat cheese (rind and rosemary removed)
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (optional)
- Cook macaroni per package directions — drain and set aside
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat: add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 1 minute — stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add shredded Rosey Goat® cheese. Mix well, then pour over drained macaroni.
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish, add chopped scallions if desired, then bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes until very light browned and bubbly. Garnish with sprigs of rosemary if desired.