Original recipe source: Kay Chun of Food & Wine
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick slices of ciabatta
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, halved crosswise
- 4 tomatoes, halved crosswise
- Kosher salt
- Shaved Garrotxa cheese, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with oil and arrange oiled side up on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden.
- Rub the toasts with the garlic cloves, then rub with the tomato halves until all of the flesh is gone; discard the tomato skins. Season the toasts with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese, drizzle with olive oil and serve.