Recipe source: Oldways, adapted from a recipe by BBC Food
- 2 thick slices halloumi cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole grain flatbreads
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar
- 6 slices roasted eggplants from a jar
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle both sides of the halloumi with the oregano. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, and then briefly fry the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the flatbreads over a naked gas flame or a large frying pan for a few seconds on each side.
- Halve the peppers, remove any stray seeds, and thickly slice. Add the peppers to the pan with the halloumi, along with the eggplant and olives. Heat through, and squeeze the juice of half the lemon over the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the mixture between the warm flatbreads, and top each with parsley. Cut the remaining lemon half into two wedges, and serve alongside the wraps.