Image and recipe source: Rogue Creamery
- 12 Figs, green or black
- 12 Rosemary sprigs, 6” long
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. bourbon or brandy
- pinch salt
- 6 oz. Rogue River Blue, cut into 4 wedges
1. Strip the leaves from the bottom 5” of rosemary sprigs. Cut the tip of each at a 45 degree angle, forming a point. Soak rosemary skewers in a shallow dish of water. Set aside.
2. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. When melted, add honey and stir to combine. When mixture reaches gentle boil, add lemon juice, bourbon and 6 rosemary leaves, stirring constantly. Mixture will foam and froth. Cook, stirring constantly, for one minute. Keep warm over lowest heat setting until needed.
3. Cut figs in half from stem to bottom.
Push two figs onto each rosemary skewer.
Dip each fig skewer into the honey-butter mixture.
4. Grill figs over medium-low heat for 3-5 minutes until warmed through.
Use a grill basket for best results.
5. Plate 3 skewers of figs and drizzle figs with remaining sauce.
6. Serve with a wedge of Rogue River Blue.