- 1 c. yellow grits
- 4 c. whole organic milk
- 2 tbls. butter
- 2 dried cayenne peppers, ground
- 1/2 teas. freshly groud pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 3.5 oz. Smokey Blue, crumbled
- Add whole milk and pinch of salt to medium stock pot and bring to a simmer. Then add one cup of yellow grits and stir frequently for nearly 20 minutes. Use caution and a long wooden spoon as grits bubble and spatter when hot. Lower heat as grits thicken and add 2 tbls. butter at this point.
- Remove from heat and add pepper and half of the ground cayenne peppers. Fold in about 2.5 oz. of the Smokey Blue. Place grits in ceramic serving bowl and top with remaining ground cayenne pepper and Smokey Blue crumbles. Enjoy!
Original recipe and image source: Rogue Creamery