Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 2.5 ounces Sartori Espresso BellaVitano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- Place the butter & sugar in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on high speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl often, until light & fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, again scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla & milk; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, espresso powder, cranberries, pecans, and cheese in a large bowl.
- using a rubber spatula, gently fold the butter mixture into the flour mixture just until the batter comes together (do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough).
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and slowly spring back when touched lightly in the center. Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from the cups.
Original recipe and image source: Sartori Cheese