- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 dozen oysters in the shell
- Rock salt
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl
- Shuck oysters. Discard the top shell; keep oysters in the deeper bottom shell, and place on a rimmed baking sheet filled to a depth of 1/2 inch with the rock salt. Dollop butter mixture evenly onto oysters.
- Broil oysters, 5 inches from heat, for 5 to 7 minutes or until the edges of the oysters begin to curl and butter is bubbly.
Original recipe: Julia Rutland for Coastal Living. Recipe source: MyRecipes