Original recipe source: Nigella Lawson. Image by Francesca Yorke
- 2 tablespoons chopped, deseeded fresh red chile
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound halloumi (sliced medium thin, i.e., just under half a centimetre / 1/8 inch)
- juice of ¼ lemon
- Mix the chopped chilli and olive oil in a small bowl or cup and leave the flavours to deepen while you cook the cheese.
- I use a non-stick frying pan for this, without any oil, and just give the cheese slices about 2 minutes a side until they're golden-brown in parts.
- When all the slices of halloumi are cooked, transfer them to a couple of small plates.
- Give the chilli oil a stir, spoon it over the cheese, then give a spritz of lemon. That's all there is to it.