- 3/4 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips, or roughly chopped bar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Choice of foods to dip: strawberries, pineapple, sliced apples, oranges, cubed brioche, bits of brownies, croissants, banana bread, angel food cake, etc
- In a sauce pan over low heat warm up the whipping cream, being careful to not let it boil.
- Add the chocolate and melt slowly, stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla
- Pour the melted mixture into a fondue pot and light the tealight
- Dip the fruits, breads, and dessert pieces into the mixture
Try adding one of these extra treats for a special twist on traditional chocolate fondue:
- A liqueur like Kahlua, Amaretto, Kirsch, etc.
- A pinch of ground coffee or espresso
- Peppermint extract or peppermint schnapps for a holiday treat!
- Orange or grapefruit zest
- A pump or two of a flavored syrup, like the ones used for espresso drinks
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and ancho chili pepper for a Mexican Chocolate Fondue!
Original recipe source: Best Fondue, and Elise Bauer on Simply Recipes