- ½ lb carrots (approx 2 lg carrots)
- 2 T currants
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 T Dulcet Moroccan Mustard
- ¾ t cumin seed-toasted & crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Wash the carrots well with a vegetable brush.
- Peel carrots (optional) and grate with a coarse grating blade or you can also use a food processor.
- Place the grated carrots and the currants in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard.
- Toss the carrots & currants with the vinaigrette.
- Place the cumin seed in a small dry pan over medium heat on the stove top. Shake pan occasionally and toast for approx 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Using a mortar & pestle, coffee or spice grinder (pulsing only), crush the seeds slightly, taking care not to turn them into powder. We want the crunchy texture of the seed.
- Sprinkle the crushed cumin seed over the salad, and serve. Set out salt and pepper for those who desire it.
Original recipe and image source: Dulcet Cuisine