- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb seedless red grapes, washed and dried
- 8 slices rustic bread
- 8 oz Humboldt Fog, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a shallow roasting pan or baking sheet, drizzle the grapes (still on the vine) with 1 Tbsp EVOO
- Roast until the skins of the grapes start to blister, about 20 minutes or so
- Remove and allow to cool slightly
- While the grapes cool, preheat your panini press or a cast iron skillet (you don't need grill marks to make this delicious!)
- Brush both sides of your bread with EVOO
- Place 1/4 of the Humboldt Fog on each of 4 slices of bread. Put a handful of grapes- 10 to 12 per sandwich (there may be some grapes left over) on top of the cheese.
- Panini press or cast iron grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and you see cheese oozing out the side.
Original recipe and image source: Cypress Grove Chevre