Original recipe and image source: Uniekaas USA
- 4 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 5 Granny Smith apples, julienned
- 1/2 small head green cabbage, very thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Melkbus Truffle Cheese, shredded
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap up. Roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then squeeze the garlic from its skin.
2) For the dressing: combine 2 teaspoons of water, roasted garlic, lemon juice, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a blender or mini food processor. With the motor running, slowly pour in olive and grapeseed oils through the feed tube, blending until emulsified.
3) Toss the apples, cabbage, walnuts, parsley and truffle cheese in a medium bowl. Add the dressing and toss; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate the slaw until chilled, about 45 minutes.