- 1 (26 oz) panettone cake
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp orange juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp orange flavored liqueur, like Grand Marnier
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Coat one large and one small baking dish with cooking spray. Slice the panettone crosswise into 1-inch thick rounds. Slice each round in half and arrange slices in prepared baking dishes, overlapping each slightly over the next.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, 1/4 cup juice, liqueur, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until fully combined. Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the panettone slices. Cover the pans and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp orange juice, brown sugar, and pecans until fully combined. Spoon evenly over all of the slices in the baking dishes. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with toppings of your choice: confectioner's sugar, maple syrup, whipped cream, or warm fruit compote.
Original recipe and image source: A Squared