Image and recipe source: Vermont Creamery & Sweet Paul
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large slices of smoked salmon
- 1 cup Creme Fraiche
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- Peel and shred the potatoes with a grater.
- Place them in a bowl and add flour, egg, salt and pepper.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large nonstick pan.
- Add the potato mixture to the pan, use the back of a wooden spoon to press the potatoes down to form one large “pancake”.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on one side until crisp and brown, lift edge gently to make sure it does not burn, flip it over and let it cook for about another 10 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with salmon, crème fraîche, scallions, watercress and a little pepper.
- To serve, cut it into wedges.