Recipe via Stilton Cheese, by Steven Wheeler for the Stilton Cheese Makers' Association,
- 4 oz butter
- 5 shallots finely chopped
- 5 oz white breadcrumbs
- 4 oz blue Stilton cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped sage
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 11oz open cap mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 325. Melt butter in a saucepan, add the shallots and soften for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the bread in a food processor and reduce to crumbs. Add the softened shallots, Stilton and herbs. Process briefly until well combined.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, then press the stuffing lightly into the caps. Place on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.