Recipe source: Cheesetique, Image source: La Cucina Italiana
- 1 wheel La Tur cheese
- 1 oz. semisweet dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 TBS extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 small baguette
- Remove wrapping and label from cheese. Folding parchment paper, wrap cheese like a present, and set packet seam-side down on a rimmed baking sheet; let stand at room temperature until softened, at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours.
- When cheese is softened, fill a small saucepan with 2 inches water; bring water to a simmer. Put chocolate and salt in a metal bowl. Set bowl over (but not touching) the simmering water and, whisking, heat until chocolate is melted and salt is mostly dissolved. Remove bowl from heat, then whisking constantly, add oil in a slow and steady stream; set aside sauce.
- Heat oven to broil with rack about 5 inches from heat. Tear bread into small pieces, then arrange crust-down on baking sheet with cheese packet. Lightly drizzle bread with oil. Broil bread and cheese until both parchment and bread are charred, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer baking pan to a wire rack; let stand 3 minutes, then transfer warm cheese packet to a large serving platter or wooden board. Arrange toasted bread around packet. Tear open top of packet, then drizzle chocolate sauce over warm cheese and onto platter. Serve immediately.